MUSCLE RELAXING INJECTIONS*
Botulinum Toxin, commonly known as the brand Botox, is a natural protein extract from Botulinum bacteria used for anti-aging treatments. It is administered as an injection, commonly used in the face to reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles.
Along side treating existing wrinkles Botox can be used by younger people as a preventative measure which can fend off the early signs of aging. Botox works on dynamic lines; facial creases and wrinkles caused by repetitive muscle movements. Static lines; fine lines and wrinkles, resulting from a loss of skin elasticity, can be treated using skin boosters.
Botox can also be used to reduce excessive sweating from the underarms, see Hyperhidrosis.
Above treating the more well known areas, Botox can also be an effective treatment for the following:
- Teeth grinding - treating the masseter muscle can decrease any habitual jaw clenching or teeth grinding and also slim down the face.
- Neck - treating the Platysma bands help reduce lines across the neck 'bands' and slows down the formation of jowls.
- Chin - treating the Mentalis muscle works on smoothing the wrinkling/orange peel effect that occurs with smiling or frowning.
- Bunny lines - wrinkles that appear on the bridge of the nose. The lines often become more prominent when smiling and can be treated by injecting into the Nasalis muscle.
- Smokers lines - or lipstick lines can be softened by very shallow injections above the lip, dermal fillers can be used to treat deeper lines.
- Gummy smile - the Depressor Septi muscle, along side others, lifts the upper lip when smiling showing the teeth and gums. Treating this muscle reduces the amount of gum on show.
every 12 - 16 weeks
*Completed Health Check Questionnaire required prior to treatment,
this will be sent to you via email prior to your appointment.